Sunday, November 16, 2014

Future Predictions- Cooties (2014) (NR)

While dorking around the interwebs recently, I happened upon the plot line for a new film starring Elijah Wood. It was one of those movie ideas that is so silly that it just might work if put in the right hands. In my hast to locate a trailer for said picture, I was denied. So, with nothing but a poster and plot to go on, I have decide to start a new segment on the Mock Films Blog this week. Welcome to Future Predictions. Where I take what little I know about a project and see if I can predict if it will live up to it's pitch upon a future viewing. And with that I give you Cooties (2014) (not literally, It's just the name of the flick. Relax)


Cooties revolves around a school teacher (Elijah Wood) who is forced into a fight for his life when the students of the school become bloodthirsty killers due to a virus. Teaming up with fellow surviving educators, they try to escape the pint-sized horrors roaming the halls. 

The idea is a strong one. And the poster reminds me of the campy horror movie promos of the eighties. I think this could be a mean little picture with a ton of dark humor poured in. Co-starring Rainn Wilson and Alison Pill, the production has a ton of promise. But it is directed by two new commers i. the game, Jonathan Milott and Cary Murnion, so there is truly no scale to Really base this on. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Stupid internet, not having a trailer. I though we lived in the future? oh, I'm sorry, internet. How can I stay mad at you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. It don’t cost you nothing.